Peter D. Vizzi, MD
Dr Peter Vizzi is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with over 20 years of experience as a physician in the specialty of Orthopedic Surgery. He cares for conditions of the musculoskeletal system, which include the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues supporting the skeleton. He specializes in joint replacement of the hip, knee and shoulder, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee, sports medicine injuries and general Orthopedic care. His practice encompasses a wide range of Orthopedic and Sports Medicine conditions, including arthritic conditions, athletic injuries, and broken bones/fracture care. He prescribes a full range of treatments including exercises, medications, physical therapy, and surgery. When surgery is indicated, Dr. Peter Vizzi will use advanced arthroscopic and surgical techniques to address your problem. He will help you decide on the appropriate treatment modalities for your injury whether nonsurgical or surgical.
Dr. Vizzi’s board certification includes certification in joint replacement surgery, sports medicine intervention, arthroscopic surgery, fracture care, and hand and wrist injuries. This encompasses surgical and nonsurgical treatment of conditions and injuries to the joints and long bones of the upper and lower extremities and conditions of the spine. He constantly updates his knowledge with the most recent state of the art techniques in orthopedic surgery by regularly attending continuing medical educational seminars, by reviewing up to date literature, and by participating in the maintenance of certification program of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Dr. Peter Vizzi and staff are committed to diagnosing and treating patients’ conditions as effectively and as efficiently as possible. They believe that good communication with their patients contributes to their success. Accordingly, patients are encouraged to be well-informed participants in their treatment and recovery by asking questions and discussing their issues. The well-being of each patient is the primary concern. Peter Vizzi, MD and his staff are dedicated to providing the most caring, comprehensive, and cost effective medical treatment possible.
Dr. Vizzi has been an avid sports participant since childhood and still competes in local sporting events. Through his participation in sports, he has a deep understanding of the injuries sustained and the implications to daily life.
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
- Recertified, 2010
- Loyola University, New Orleans, LA Bachelor, Biology 1985-1989
- University of Florida School of Medicine, Gainesville, FL M.D. 1989-1993
- Orlando Regional Healthcare System, Orlando, FL General Surgery 1993-1994
- Orlando Regional Healthcare System, Orlando, FL Orthopedic Surgery 1994-1998
- Park Place Surgical Hospital
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
State and Local Orthopaedic Societies
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association
- Acadiana Orthopedic Society
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
State and Local Medical Society Memberships
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Lafayette Parish Medical Society
- Florida Medical Association
National and Regional Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association
Community Sports Medicine Affiliations
- Official Designation as Team Physician for the RAGIN CAJUN ATHLETIC HEALTH CARE ALLIANCE.
- The Sports Care Network serving the High School athletes of the Acadiana area